WHAT IS LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE?
The Lymphatic System is known as the body’s waste disposal system. It is responsible for the destruction and elimination of the metabolic wastes, excess water, toxins, bacteria, large protein molecules and foreign substances from the connective tissue. If the pathways become congested, blocked or damaged then fluid and toxins can build up and may create the symptoms of chronic disease. Lymphatic Drainage is used primarily to promote the optimal functioning of the lymphatic system. It relaxes the sympathetic nervous system, reduces pain and enhances the immune system and general well being.
How does it work?
Lymphatic Drainage is a non-invasive deeply relaxing specialized therapy specifically designed for the lymphatic system. It is a gentle rhythmical flowing treatment in which the skin is stretched in the direction of lymph flow. Lymph drainage can enhance recovery from surgery and a wide range of medical / non-medical conditions, by removing toxins and wastes, thus increasing cellular oxygenation and nourishment and boosting immunity.
Who will benefit?
Manual Lymphatic Drainage can be used to treat a wide range of medical and non-medical conditions to great effect such as:
• Surgery – (before all types of non-cancer related surgery, after all types of surgery)
• Glandular Fever (Epstein Barr Virus)
• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
• Pregnancy – pre- & post-pregnancy, swollen legs, ankles & hands
• Allergies, Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rheumatism, Acne & other skin conditions.
• Hormonal Imbalances (PMS & menopause)
• Detoxification as part of a detox program
• Cellulite, Stretch Marks and Old Scars
Immune Deficiencies (recurring infections: colds, chest, ear etc.)
• Acute Injuries (fractures, sprains and accident trauma)
• Wounds & Burns
• Sinusitis, Puffy Eyes
• Constipation & other Digestive Disorders
It is also a very successful beauty treatment for the face, improving the appearance of the skin by enhancing texture and reducing puffiness. It helps rejuvenate collagen fibres and slows the ageing process.